Thursday, October 13, 2011

Second Full Week In October


Another whirlwind week here on the farm. Tom was home on Monday, a holiday. He was also home on Wednesday, planning on retrieving the new window treatments from the BIG TOWN. The weather has been mild, but rain moved in on Wednesday night, continuing off and on into Friday.

I started a new job/position on Monday! This move also places me closer to home. Habitually we purchase gasoline on Thursday on the way home. Friday I have more than a half tank left! That’s a savings you can see!
On Monday he finished staining the barn around 8:00pm. Glad this project is done, finished! It was not easy, but went faster than we thought with the help of our nephews. Power washing took more time, but staining is a messy job. The oil-based product stained our clothes and made everything greasy. I threw our clothes away. I didn’t want to ‘oilify’ my beautiful washer!

On Tuesday I played catch-up with my womanly duties; laundry and dishes.
He was off again on Wednesday and picked up the window treatment. They didn’t send the right valance so he had to go back to retrieve that, adding a couple hours of road-time to the day. Lewis, our farrier, was also out to ‘do’ the boys. He came late in the day, but I missed him. I have to mail him a check, too.

I went to a dinner after work with my new co-workers; it started raining/misting on the way home. I hayed them when I got home. I wasn’t going to let them spend the night in the barn, the temps are still mild. They’ll be staying inside soon enough, right?
He managed to install one set of blinds on the dining room window and the micro-blinds for the kitchen. I really love them; makes such a huge difference. It now looks like grown-ups live here!

Tonight he installed the second set in the dining room. He was going to move onto the living sets and I told him to just do the one and Friday night we’ll work on another set. The living room sets will entail moving the desk and computer AND working over the bed. Yes, our bed is still in the living room!

No comments:

Post a Comment