Sunday, October 2, 2011

It's Always the Weather, Man!

Our plans to camp out for the weekend were dashed by the weather forecast. I was literally on the last trip out to the trailer, with the kitty litter pan when he looked on the computer and declared the weather was degrading and we weren’t going to go. I was disappointed, having looked forward to this event at the horsey club for weeks. As usual, he was right. The weather got worse as the minutes went on.



Plan B:

I had already gone to the grocer, caught up with laundry, sheets, towels, and straightening out the house. All that was left to do was load the boys into the trailer, April and Irene into the back seat and drive. Now that wasn’t going to happen. Darn it!

I also am reading a terrific book from our little ‘book club’ at the office, The Girl That Played With Fire by Steig Larsson. It now is raining fairly steadily and I could sit at the table for the rest of the morning reading. I can see the boys are still in the shed eating hay, the little ones are in the barn aisle eating hay, April is chasing Irene; I can sit here undisturbed.

He putters around working on this and that, I’m reading, not paying attention to him. He’s researching something on the computer, then announces that we can go to the BIG TOWN and look at window blinds! Really? OK, let’s go.

Looking at blinds, window treatments and options didn't take that long. We manage to agree on just about everything. We do need 'expert' advice, so we'll come back again soon. We also stopped by the Big Box Home Improvement Store to pick up this and that for at-home projects. And Lunch.



On Sunday the weather was no better. No riding this weekend, period. The boys spent the night inside and the morning showed standing water at the top of the pasture. Argh!

We headed out Trader Joe's but stopped at HMart, too. It was fantastic, the offerings more than I expected. Fruits and vegetables I've never seen in my life, fish I've never seen before and the prices were less than our local grocers.

There was also a basket of our Maryland Blue Crabs, alive and snapping. There is no prettier, finer crab in the world, in my opinion. We bought Tiger Shrimp and veggies for tonight's skewers. Then on to Trader Joe's!

A different weekend than was planned, but still a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment