Monday, October 31, 2011

Hey, Hay!!


Sunday dawned clear and cold. Not a cloud in the sky, snow on the ground. Crisp is a good word, right. The blue sky with the fall colors and snow as a contrast is very striking. I put on my flannel-lined jeans, first time this season.

Grained and turned them out into the pasture. Their buckets are frozen. KC is wondering where I've hidden the hay. He's really pathetic and sad. We need to get hay NOW.

Tom calls around and we decide to go to Lisbon to Tahill. They really have nice hay; no weeds, no sticks, no stickers, no trash, no dead animals (I could tell you stories!) - all good. He has to shovel snow from the flatbed.

One of the two guys that load the hay cannot do it; recovering from emergency hernia surgery. We stack the hay 20 bales per level, four levels high. Tom lashes the bales to the trailer with the straps and we head home. Did not lose any bales on this trip.

Didn't take us too long to unload the trailer. We did take a short break, but wrapped it up in short order. We put three bales in the car and I returned them to Merhle. He was unaware that I had stopped by Thursday night, or taken the bales.

No comments:

Post a Comment