Thursday, October 27, 2011

Blinds



We got blinds for the house as a gift from my wonderful, beautiful Aunt Pat. She really knows her stuff, and we got the nicest, best choice we could have ever begged for.

We had to take a few things into consideration when choosing window treatments. First and foremost: we have a CAT. I’ve heard stories about cats climbing the curtains, walking the valances, shredding the sheers. Lovely as that sounds, I knew we couldn’t be there to police Irene.

I thought I wanted blinds, but in the end he found the best solution for us. He wanted to install them, too. We had looked at Loews’ and HomeDepot. We got one set of mini-blinds for the bathroom and those are great for that application.

We finally decided on vertical blinds. Plastic, yes, but made with a brocade pattern. You have to touch them to prove they aren’t actually fabric! I wanted green, he wanted white. Green won!

He did install white mini-blinds in the kitchen window. I am also getting a horse-themed valance for the kitchen window only.

Since we’ve gotten the blinds up, without the alarm, I’m sleeping until after 7! Makes a huge difference. No more headlights strafing the walls, no more sunrise in my eyes, no more flood lights streaming from the grain elevator across the bean field.

So happy!! Thank you, Aunt Pat.

No comments:

Post a Comment