Saturday, February 27, 2016

Waning February

He decided to steam clean the carpets today. I've complained, chronically, that he doesn't wear his Muck Boots to the barn, instead he wears sneakers and tracks in everything (stone dust, hay, manure, horse piss, gravel, etc.) onto the carpeting under his desk and through the entire house. I also take my boots off at the door, using a washable rubber-backed bath mat to keep my boots on. I'll admit the kitchen doorway is filthy, but I sweep regularly and rinse the floor with vinegar frequently.

So he experienced a carpet machine failure. The machine was leaving more soap/water than it was extracting. We've had the machine 15 years, at least, and he searched online for a new machine with added features, prepaid at the local BigBlueBox. While we were out he decided we'd stop by his mom's and run her errands, then we ended up going for hike in the woods in his old neighborhood, seeing a 6-point buck and doe resting in the sunshine. The cabin in the woods has since been torn down, but the old shed is still there, with the wheel horse mower and mower attachment - a real time capsule from 40 years ago.

When we got back I cleaned the barn and dry paddock, moved laundry along and took Max for a walk.
Tomorrow is expected to be warmer, a better day to ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment