Thursday, February 4, 2016

Outside!

Chasing daylight, as I frequently do, I went to Todd's for hay. Can't believe they ate it all since Saturday! But I managed to get eight bales in my car before the sun went down. There is no lighting in Todd's barn, and I can't pick decently in the dark.

I was greeted at the fence by four anxious, hungry horses! Managed to get one bale into the storage stall and fed everyone. Everyone was happy, busy. I pulled the rest of the hay bales into the barn while they were eating their dinner.

This is the first night since January 22 that they are spending outside. I don't think they are actually keen on it, but their stalls are a wreck and this is how it is going to be. There really isn't that much melting going on, either, and I was surprised at how little grass is showing through the snow.

For 'last call' I put the boys' coats on and gave everyone hay in their assigned areas, locked the Littles in the barn aisle and called it a night. Snow and a wintery-mix is slated for the morning. O boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment