Sunday, April 3, 2016

Sunday - A Day To Remember



The wind was still with us starting out. It did diminish as the day progressed, but it was chilly. I had on two shirts and two coats, plus my chaps. He was wearing two coats and his flannel-lined jeans and boots. The leaves were literally being unfurled in the wind. Lots of trees were down, and a bicyclist had a really cool folding saw, and cut the trees in quick-time.
Very cool, I want one.

After we got home I ran out to do a grocery run for my mother-in-law. While I was with her, he was messaging me with pics of what he was up to. I'm totally impressed, and so proud of him and the Blacks. W0W!

Alli seems to be fine with the plastic bag on her back, although I will admit when I am spreading sawdust I make sure to rattle the bag and throw the sawdust on her legs and anywhere else I can hit her.
He's using the 'Aussie Tie Ring' (no affiliation) that we both highly recommend. The horse can pull on the lead rope, and it slides through but not out. It gives some resistance, but not a hard stop. This saves halters and ropes, and diminishes stress on the horse. After a while, they stop pulling.
When he sent me this shot, I was floored. I told my mother-in-law that I had to go, and left post haste! What an awesome development! So proud of him and Beau. An enormous leap forward. Honestly!

No comments:

Post a Comment