Saturday, April 9, 2016

Snow? Are You Kidding Me!?!

When I looked out the window this morning, before starting my barn chores, I was shocked! Snow on the cars, the mulched areas, the grass. What?? This is April. This is crazy!

We had several things on the to-do list, and I needed to get moving on my things; he's got things, too. He's wearing flannel-lined jeans, I'm wearing two coats. The cherry and pear trees are blooming, the Maples are leafing out, and the water buckets have a skim of ice on them.

He decided that the battery in the tractor needs replacing. After researching, and a short conversation, he decides to go to his battery guy in upper Rockville. If you're going there, let me fill my car up, and we'll swing by the transfer station (county dump) and get rid of all this stuff lying around the bricks. Got all that crap out of here (broken carpet machine, 40-year old vacuum, original storm door - patio umbrellas, feed bags, garbage bags from basement and shed, left-overs from projects, metal pieces and odds and ends, and like that. I fill the car up and we go!

We didn't go to my mother-in-law's because I said I wanted to go to grocery store and make a decent dinner and if I went to Mary's I wouldn't then have time to do my shopping, and tomorrow, when we ride, there would be no dinner.

I made pot roast. I forgot to get wine when I was last on Mary's beer run (she drinks beer more than she eats) so I run up to Etchison - a mile away - and get two bottles of red wine $7.49 each. Boy was that pot roast good!!!

I cleaned up the barn - mucked stalls - and baited the mouse stations - we are getting a small population of mice in the barn and they must go!! Skip has THREE in his stall and there is one in the aisle that goes back and forth between walls. Tom said he was hoping the farrier didn't see it running back and forth!

What looks like flower petals blowing around are actually flurries. The wind is picking up. I need to keep moving along with my plans, move laundry along, so we have time to mess with the Blacks later in the evening.





No comments:

Post a Comment