Tuesday, March 1, 2016

From The Get-Go

Had problems (or opportunities?) dealing with feeding the horses this morning. I planned on bringing the Blacks in first because the boys were way down the hill in #3, didn't secure the red gate. While the Little's were eating, and I was inviting Beau with his stall door already open, he didn't go towards the barn, he was heading to the overhang instead. That's when I realized the boys were now in the dry paddock. Horses can be so quiet, this fact I know.

Yelling NO loudly seems to get everyone's attention, the Blacks went back into #1, Skip went into his stall, but KC proceeded to move Fred away from his feed bowl and eat all of Fred's breakfast. I got KC's stall door open, but not until most of Fred's feed was gone.

I honestly don't know why neither walked into Beau's open stall. I then got the Blacks in, but the Little's were in the dry paddock, which came back to bite me in the time clock.

I manged to hay the fields and fill water troughs while they're eating, then get the boys into #3, but while getting the Blacks out, Fred slipped out into #1 after Alli, gleefully evading me, me wearing a house coat, Muck Boots™ and a buggy whip.

After going around and around, chasing Fred, the Blacks figured I wasn't after them and ignored me and Fred. Finally he got religion and allowed me to get him through the gate and into the dry paddock, but wasted my 'Max' time and shower time.

The weather, always the weather, is rain overnight and a cool front with seriously strong winds blowing in. Everyone is staying in overnight, so I prepped the stalls for that.

He worked with Beau and managed, with a little bit of doing and a lot of slight-of-hand, to get a halter on him! This is seriously awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment