Sunday, January 3, 2016

Sunday - First Ride of the New Year!

Finally, got a ride in. I did keep my coughing to a minimum, had plenty of tissues with me. And it was cold. The sun was bright, not a cloud in the sky.

I wore two shirts, a sweatshirt, a Melton wool vest, my Carhartt coat and flannel-lined jeans, heavy socks and insulated Ariat Boots. Suede lined work gloves. I was ready.

Had a nice ride - there were so many people out, but only saw four horses. Saw Glen from across the tracks and river, yelled out our howdies and HappyNewYears, he was alone and the other three were with about 10 dogs on the pipeline, said they were the Hernwood Hounds. Quite the assortment pack of no particular breed or size. No one was at the LOMH.

So many walkers out, it was great! I thought we would be all alone, but was glad to see people, with kids and dogs, out in the park and using this great area. Saw a Big Buck near Driver Road at Ivy Hill, a Buzzard spooked the horses right in the main area of the park. They were jazzed for some reason and the Buzzard came right across the trail, no more than 20 feet above, Skip did a roll-back.

We had a nice lunch, and The Woodstock Inn was fairly busy, but only one motorcyclist ventured out on this cold windy day. Later on he made dinner again. Leftovers, which is fine, perfect for me. Clear that stuff out, hate to waste food.

No comments:

Post a Comment