Thursday, January 7, 2016

Forward, Onward

Got word that the round pen will be delivered on Monday! This is great news, but we don't know how it will actually be delivered. Since the fencing project was completed we don't have THAT much room for an 18-wheeler to turn around in the parking lot. And the delivery weighs 900 lbs. He does plan to be home, but I don't know what to expect.

After everyone ate, we were at the gate for field #1 and I hadn't yet put hay in the keeper for the Littles. Beau came over for a visit, and the Littles were surrounding us. It was sort of sweet. If there was hay to be eaten, the Littles would have been out of there.

I made a fuss over Sprite and Lil Fred, in front of Beau, and then he allowed me to touch his nose! Then his face, and his neck. I retrieved the metal curry comb from the barn shelf and he allowed me to comb out his neck, and chest, and shoulder, and leg - all on the left side. I tried reaching around to the right side, got some of that, but not enough to brag about.

This is HUGE! He is so soft, and black. I can't wait to trim his ears and mane. His ears look like old-man ears, with hair sprouting out of them, and the hair has a red ending. So does his mane. Red tips. I want to trim them, too, so he looks really black. Like Black Beauty.

When the round pen shows up, it won't be long before I'm allowed to trim anything I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment