Sunday, March 25, 2012

Last Sunday in March


Also KC's birthday - 9 years old today!
He got his feet done yesterday, model prisoner. Recommended to use Iodine on his soles to toughen them up, the hoof wall is in good shape. He's been on "Horseshoer's Secret" from Farnam since probably November. I'm going to do the Iodine bath on his hoof and frog, but I guess he's not going to be able to go barefooted all his life.

Tom spent most of the day packing wheel bearings on the KeiferBuilt LQ trailer. It's a good thing, too, he discovered that the grease was starting to leak onto the brakes. Eventually the weather cleared so he wasn't sitting in the rain doing this chore.

The standing water in the pasture eventually soaked in, but still a little soft out there.

Todd Greenstone stopped by. I confessed to not having checks, so that's why he hasn't been paid. I guess that's the best excuse he's ever heard. The grass seed is starting to come up, he recommended fertilizing the field, but I think we'll either pass altogether or do it ourselves.

2 comments:

  1. No checks what a story, I'll have to try that next time, lol lol lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the truth! I'm not that bright to make that line up! LOL

    ReplyDelete