Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday - Snow topped with ICE!


Started snowing last night after I fed the crowd in the barn. It was kind of pretty, but I'm sick of it, already! Tom emptied the manure spreader, knowing it was going to start with the freezing rain. He emptied it while it was snowing.

When I went out to throw hay at 9:38 the freezing rain had already started. It was tinkling in the trees, bouncing off the gates. April does know to be careful when I warn her about the steps. The ice-melt from Home Depot really does work!

This morning everything was sugar-glaze coated. The cars, the gates, the steps, everything was sealed in ice. I decided to leave everybody in today because the minis aren't heavy enough to break the ice and later I thought it best to keep the boys in because the grass didn't show through any of the ice. Too treacherous for them.

While driving in today there were horses out in their fields, but their grass is longer and I feel I did the right thing. I know they will be bored, but at least they won't break their legs!

No comments:

Post a Comment