Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Last Wednesday In January


It was snowing when I got up this morning - about an inch and a half of wet snow, big flakes. When I finished my horsekeeping chores it was sleeting. The weatherman had predicted it would start as rain, turning to sleet and snow after noon. Well, that did not happen. It was snowing, not raining, at 6:00 a.m.

I saw the weather map, and it looks like this small snow/rain/sleet event will move off, clear up, then snow again later in the day. Five to eleven inches of snow predicted. O boy!

Everybody is in today, and I'm glad of it. They all got extra hay, I opened the top of the Dutch doors and Tom left the barn door open. No matter how much rain/snow/sleet we get, it can not possibly come in through those doors.

Yesterday, some how, KC ripped the bottom strap off of his heavy coat. Darn it! He is not getting a new one, unless there is some extra-special savings from Tractor Supply or Southern States Cooperative. Darn it!

I'm glad January is wrapping up and February is a short month. I'm so very ready for Spring to get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment