Thursday, January 13, 2011

Second Thursday in January


There is a Federal Holiday coming up this weekend. I know better than to make plans, something happens and plans are dashed. With three days to use, we should be able to make some headway with the old house and maybe get a ride in?

I'm working on my New Year's Resolutions. I have three, wanted to keep it simple. Some years I don't make any, so there is no disappointment or failure. Other years I do make them, and become obsessed with fulfilling my goals like a nut-case. One year, 2003, I made the resolution to get rid of ALL of our cars. It took almost an entire year to do, but we did it. We then bought two new vehicles within a month. We had a mission and a mandate.

This year I have just three items on my list, but I am determined to get these accomplished. We'll see how successful I am.

Continues cold, it's January!, but the drifting snow in the 'open areas' like the corn field, the bean field, etc., are making deeper snow on the roadways than we actually had fall from the sky. The wind has died down this morning, but supposed to pick up again later today.

KC's heated water bucket doesn't seem to work. I think I did fry it that night last month when the spark and the puff of burnt stink happened. Argh! There was ice in it this morning, while everybody else had none.

No comments:

Post a Comment