Sunday, December 4, 2011

Sunny Sunday!





Beautiful Sunday, continues cold at night, frosty, but warmish during the day. When I got back into the house, he'd already showered and made coffee. And was working on the hallway walls.

He'd taken the big picture off the wall in the hallway, working on mudding the wall imperfections, which were from the door being moved; sanding and re-mudding. We already have paint for these walls.

He then moved onto the barn, finishing up the stall mat installation prep, I picked up lots of bottles, cans and trash along the roadway. People are pigs and thoughtless, really. I could also see were the Utility had been there recently cleaning up brush under the power lines, leaving the cut saplings and branches. I also picked up a spent cartridge and a golf ball, scared out a deer in the process.

I noticed someone in the woods, he was cutting up fallen timber down at the creek. If he saw me he didn't pay any attention to me. I unloaded the trash, going into the barn to tell him someone was down in the woods. I said I was going down there and introduce myself but didn't want to go by myself. It is easier to meet people out in the woods or yards than bang on their doors, right?

I know he's busy, but this won't take long. We both went down there to see who it was. It was Mr. Curtis - 'Curtis of Bootjack' - a close neighbor, and we find out he owns a dog-leg of property that abuts our place. He was very nice and told us lots of things, couple things we had already heard. He also was the guy I had seen earlier in the fall with the dogs in the woods. He also is mistaken about property lines.

He wrapped up leveling and prepping the fifth stall, we got the mats in place and are DONE!! Glad that is history. Sprite had to inspect, but the sight of it made Lil Fred run for his life. What a case that guy is!

We went for a ride at the Ag Park - rode to Pope Farm nursery, saw a great beaver dam and marsh and KC was a horrid brat - he bucked several times and I almost fell off one time - I gave him what-for, let me tell you - only saw ONE DOG on a leash, all others were free - only one was controllable, the others didn't know their names and like that.

The one that was controllable did not see us coming. We had just gone through the tunnel, I was in front, up the slope and the big yellow dog was going at a good clip, sliding into KC around the blind corner. It was pretty funny, the dog making a hasty retreat back to his owner. He was the best dog, sitting immediately on command. Not a peep out of him.

We got home at deep twilight, another beautiful sunset on Annapolis Rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment