Thursday, December 29, 2011

Cold, Continued Cold ...

Two nights in a row the boys have spent the night inside. On Tuesday it was chilly, with sustained winds. They do have their heavy coats on, but the wind was fierce, this would make the wind chill unacceptable for my guys to be out all night.

After feeding them I turned them out and prepped their stalls. Fresh water, hay and shavings. When I went out after 10, they were sheltering in the run-in shed. I asked them if they wanted in and they rushed the gate! They were ready to come in.

Immediately Skip urinated in his pile of shavings. Darn! There's some advice somewhere about pissing in the wind. I believe Skip knows this, too.

Wednesday continued cold with the sustained winds. He gave them more hay during the day and I fed them as soon as I got home. Skip didn't really want to go back out after his dinner.

Again, they were more than willing to come in for the night. I closed every portal except one against the wind.

Thursday morning KC had shavings in his tail. I know he enjoyed his lie-down in his stall. He loves to take a load off.

No comments:

Post a Comment