Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday Before Christmas

Whirlwind weekend: on Friday afternoon my beautiful Aunt and I went on a road trip! We traveled to Roanoke to meet my nephew, her great-nephew at the Airport. He's home on leave from Army Basic training! It was a surprise to him and we had a nice visit, then hurry home before dark. On the way we experienced flurries and rain. When we arrived home he had strung Christmas lights in the Dogwood tree and there was snow on the grassy areas. It was cold and windy, had to turn on the water heaters in the outside buckets.

Laytonsville Fire Department was hosting a 'Breakfast with Santa' in the fire hall. We went. The food was surprisingly good but i didn't see Santa. There was a line and I'm not a kid, so I didn't clog up his lap.

The air is cold, smells like snow. The fast-moving clouds look like they could produce a snow shower or flurries. He asked me if I wanted to ride or scrape the popcorned blue room. This is going to be a project in itself: scrapping/mudding the walls, dust and debris flying. Moving books/shelving/clothes.

I feel I have no choice, really. Would love to ride but I have so much to do before the family descends on us next weekend. The kitchen is a wreck, the recycle bins are full, I need to catch up on laundry and my wifely duties. And it's cold and windy.

While moving, sorting junk, I found two Starbuck's gift cards. One for $25, the other $20. I feel rich!

No comments:

Post a Comment