Sunday, June 14, 2015

Street Cleaners, Inc.

Flag Day!

Rained overnight, but started heating up before it was 8 o'clock!
I wanted to get a couple things done before we got out to ride, got up early enough, but time evaporates. I did manage to paint the bathroom door and spread manure. The manure spreader was an issue, because of the bees that had nested in a muck-bucket, in long-forgotten hay that had been picked up and placed there. The hay had even started to sprout and grow. I dumped it and they came out! Yikes!

I spread manure while he showered, he made breakfast while I showered. I finished putting the second coat of paint on the new bathroom door, and got the boys out of the field and into their halters. Away we go!

I'm now using a saddle that he bought many years ago and barely ever used. I had given him the saddle pad and a bridle to go with it. The bridle was never used and is drying up to dust. The nose band is shot and I threw it away. I had thought I'd use the bridle, but decided against it. The saddle is more comfortable than when used last weekend. I think I'll keep using it.

Hot and humid, we chose to go to Sykesville, Beck's, because it is a shorter ride and mostly sunny. There is some road riding, but all in the shade with opportunities to drink in the spring heads and creeks coming down into the South Branch of the Patapsco River. The river smelled like 'Downey' from the water treatment plant. Lots of people swimming up stream from there. We need to do that some time!

We rode through Sykesville, crossing the bridge onto Main Street, cutting through the parking lot and on to the sidewalk. Captain decided to relieve himself in the parking lot, and we rode through town, turning at Sandusky and crossing the road, through the next parking lot to the Police Station, where we like to tie up.

I had a delightful salad, a nice break of catching up and entertaining each other.



On the way back the proprietor of the store in the parking lot where Captain had relieved himself earlier came out to admonish us for shitting up the parking lot. She had seen us earlier, so she knew which horse did it.





No comments:

Post a Comment