Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sunday - Ride time!

The river sure was high, but we crossed it several times, and got wet several times.

I've said in the past that sometimes I don't like to ride with us. Between us, we can be lacking in good sense. We egg each other on, sometimes against my better judgment. We do it anyway. Because.


The river was high and fast, up to my knee, while sitting on my little pony. My waterproof boots did a great job of holding the water in. My toes were floating. I kept his nose sort of pointing towards the exit, and along with some buffeting we managed to get out of the water.



Some trees were down, but not as many as would be expected after all this rain and flooding. We cleared some, but others were too big to do anything about without power tools.

Liberty Dam and reservoir let out lots of water, huge volume, but the water had receded and was clear, although still high enough.
The 'white' is the flume of water, cascading down the face of the dam. The roar was incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment