Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Complimentary

On Monday we joined friends with their girls for a ride in the park. Because KC can be an 'asshat' and demonstrated this from almost the start of the ride, I took over as ride leader. Also, not everyone knows their way around this park. They had been there since Friday, and I didn't want to retrace their paths and also wanted to stay mainly in the shade.

If KC is in front he is less likely to buck. I'm getting too old for his bucking fits, and it does disrupt the flow of the ride. I tried to stay in front, booting it where appropriate for everyone that wanted to add some speed to the trip.

He filmed some of the ride, and for his filming purposes he likes to add speed, too.

In my quest for picking up the pace, trying to stay in the shade, and not travel on trails previously ridden, I chose a route that would be lots of bench-cut woods trails, some open meadow trails with good footing, and a direct route to the Woodstock Inn. It was heating up and sunny.

Tonight he told me I was a great ride leader, a good trail boss. What? Really? 'Well, yea, we rarely get lost, you let the chips fall where they may, and we're always finding new ways to go the same place.' W0W I'm stunned.

No comments:

Post a Comment