Thursday, August 15, 2013

Cold Weather Front

This is August. August has long been notorious for the 'Dog Days' of summer, droughts, humidity, pop-up thunderstorms. What we have now is incredible weather.

Monday I went over to Todd's, got another seven bales of hay, did a load of laundry. On Tuesday I made dinner. I considered that enough.

Wednesday I stepped out at 6:20 a.m. with Max and was SHOCKED by the cold air on my face and legs. I had heard of a 'cold' front coming in, but didn't expect it overnight. Would have had the windows open!

Last night was supposed to be the coldest night in August in forever. I thought it was delightful. I finished two more loads of laundry.

We did sleep with the windows, doors opened, but earlier this week a Skunk was fataly struck in front of a nieghbor's house and, depending on which way the breeze was going, the open windows were just letting in the stink.

No comments:

Post a Comment