Monday, June 18, 2012

Long Ride

It rained off and all practically all night. I heard the rain hitting the roof of the trailer, barely over a foot above my head. He had positioned the trailer so I couldn't see the horses from my bed's window. He knows I get little sleep if I can see them. I still tossed and turned. The morning dawned cool, clear and not as muddy as you might have thought, the boys were dry. Breakfast starts early, and of course we didn't have time to do all the things we would normally get done, like taking a shower. Priorities - get ourselves fed, the dogs and cat fed, the horses fed, but not in that order. Ready to ride out at 9:00 a.m. sounds like you'd have plenty of time, but minutes evaporate in this place. We barely made it to the Long Ride's ride-out time. We were headed to the river with Big Mike and Dan. These two really know how to show a girl a good time. The group was small because Cowboy Polo was scheduled for the early afternoon in the arena and the long ride wouldn't be back in time. It was a great ride, we ranged far from the river, north and east, seeing so much from the back of my little man, KC. Sarsaparilla Root Beer - DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment