Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Tire(d)

The riding lawnmower, which we've had for nearly 16 years, had a flat tire. The tire is shot, and pretty much fell off the wheel.


This happened in Max's field, up against the fence in the corner. A terrible place to change a tire!

We already had a tire, having gotten two to replace the rear tires a couple years ago. We replaced one, but not the left. Now it is go-time.

He managed to jack the tractor up with a fence board and pull the flat tire and wheel off. We got the old wheel off, I washed the gunk out of the wheel well, but try and try, we could not get the new tire to seat or air up on the old wheel housing. The wheel that came with the tire was not compatible with the tractor.

I took the tire on the old wheel to the ATCO in Laytonsville. Originally he said it would be 45 minutes, could I leave it and come back or do I want to wait. I do need to drop by the grocery, so this is possible. He comes out to car to get the tire, sees it is already on the wheel, just needs air, so he does it right away. And charged me NOTHING - it was FREE! How cool is that!

We're back in business, and lots of mowing in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment