Monday, July 7, 2014

Equine Dynamics - Evolving

The new routine has become the new normal. The first day Skip was walking the fence line and Lil Fred was disenfranchised. We've progressed from there.

KC has always taken his food personally. He is my mirror. He suffers, as I do, with food aggression. Not to mention I feel like I'm starving him.

In the beginning of the new routine I would leave him in the dry paddock with Sprite and Lil Fred. KC HATES to pull hay out of the mesh hay bag, but would run the little guys off. Now I leave hay in two places, plus the bag.

Skip no longer walks the fence, he is content to have the whole pasture to himself, but I feel he is also losing weight. We need to wrap up the fence project and get him out there, eating.

The grazing muzzle was rubbing KC's nose, I applied Desitin cream to the blisters and now do not turn him out at night at all. I think he is losing weight.

At first Sprite was thrilled to have KC in the dry paddock, Lil Fred was odd-man-out. KC's true nature blossomed and the bloom is off the relationship. Sprite and Lil Fred are resuming their relationship and KC is moping at the fence when all the hay is gone. Skip has accepted his solitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment