Sunday, June 29, 2014

Last Sunday In June


Hard to tell in this pic, but the curve in this run is severe. And pretty darn cool! I like to think of this as the bow of my yacht, and costs about the same.

Looking off the edge of the earth, the land drops away and the green lawn, swamp and trees make it look like an endless landscape.

The curve is so severe, that between the three posts that the 16-foot oak board had to span, one board didn't make it. It broke. Sounded like a gun-shot, and then I was holding a short board. BOOM.

We used a jig, holding the position from the top rail. To reach the middle post, I had the rail on my belly and my arms pulling the post towards me. Not really, but that is what it feels like. It is a struggle, but the end results are pretty awesome.

On this pasture we have two places that bow out, one that bows in. Times four boards. That's a lot of post hugging and pushing.

No comments:

Post a Comment