Tuesday, June 17, 2014

And Then BOOM!

The gate post was the first to go in. The agreed upon position is on crushed asphalt. The fence post is a much larger post and it never stood a chance. The post pounder knocked that thing in like magic. BOOM. Solid. That post will not go anywhere. Maybe if you hit it with a loaded dump truck doing 60, maybe.

The strings are still up, the orange paint obvious, and the post pounder is pulled by our Ford tractor. About a minute is spent on each post. BOOM and move on, BOOM and another is in.

This is the closest he would agree to putting the fence to the house. If it was up to me I would put the fence up against the house so I could visit from my bedroom, but that isn't going to happen. Cooler, saner heads prevailed and our lawn has been defined.
An amazing amount of posts were installed, 260 posts, in one day. Wrapped up around 7:PM, still blazing hot and sunny. My own private Stone Henge. A most beautiful sight, to me.

2 comments:

  1. How cool a far cry from when I remember my Daddy digging holes for posts with a post hole digger. Oh how great modern machines! 200+ in one day amazing. Love the pics everything is so green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This machine is amazing - a great invention - pick up the post, put in the rollers - the upright and the forward/backward positions can articulate - and press the button - The post is in, about 30 inches deep.

    ReplyDelete