Thursday, October 24, 2013

Let Me In!!

Won't deny that I can be thick-headed. We all can, especially when we have pre-conceived notions that we humans have superior intellect, and the internet to back it up.

I have long claimed that KC communicates with me subliminally, by sending me pictures to my brain. Like when he wants a drink, I'll get an image of the river in my thoughts. I know it sounds weird, but I swear this happens regularly, and has never happened with another horse ever in my life. I swear I am not a space cadet!

Skip also lets me know what he wants, and most times we consider this acting out. I believe he knows we care for him, as we demonstrate with actions every single day. He does not send images to my brain, he points, while making a giraffe neck, running the fence line back and forth, and leading with his chin.

It's all about the weather, and lately we've had a serious dip in the overnight lows. Two nights, not in a row, have been below freezing. The first frosty night I kept them in. I could have blanketed them both, but it is only mid October. The second night the temperature was in the high 30's, however, the breeze was picking up, creating a wind chill effect.

On this second cold night, I came out for last call and Skip was running the fence line, head held high in the air, chin pointing to the barn. On a typical 'last call' Skip and KC are loitering around the run-in shed, waiting for me to deliver flakes of hay in the usual spots. This night KC was leaning on the gate, and Skip was going back and forth, like an old-style manual typewriter. LET US IN!

By Jove, I've got it! I can research the weather forecast, different providers, but the real plans come from the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment