Monday, October 8, 2012

Birthday, Again

These days are clicking by, rolling on down the calendar.

I have to pinch myself every time I pull into the driveway, or stand on the edge of the 'little woods,' looking out on the pasture. How in the world could I be this lucky?

Another year older, and deeper in debt. The price we pay for happiness, and it does have a price tag. Choices to be made, but once you've broken the ice of indebtedness, you just go with it. What's another $100 or $500 or $1,000 dropped onto the pile of debt?

I certainly don't lose sleep over it; I'm too tired to do that. But it is not residing in the front of my brain any longer. It's not like I don't know it is there, but it doesn't hound me like dog. I did get over it and moved on. And that is a priceless gift.

I'm learning to live in the moment, like all my animals do. It's a good place.





No comments:

Post a Comment