Thursday, August 30, 2012

KISS

K.I.S.S. - Keep it Simple, Stupid

I prefer simplicity. My favorite headstall is a one-eared bridle; no chin strap, or brow band, nose band, throat latch. These are vocabulary words that horse people know. My husband calls some of these things 'danglies,' as in, 'you've got a dangly.'


It took me FOREVER to learn the western girth knot. I'm definitely 'knot impaired.' I don't know a Granny from a Half-hitch or Square. I know they exist but wouldn't recognize one from another. I also had issues learning to tie my own shoes, but that's going way back.

I do try to keep everything as simple as possible. I can sleep-walk through lots of my barn chores. How much brain power does it take to muck a stall? Fill a bucket? I like simple steps, like a Texas Two-step as opposed to Dance of the Flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment