Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Snow? You Call That Snow?




""Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a conversation if it didn't change once in a while."" ~~ Kin Hubbard

The way a crow
Shook down on me
The dust of snow
From a hemlock tree
Has given my heart
A change of mood
And saved some part
Of a day I had rued.
~ Robert Frost

Last night was calm and bright, full Moon. This morning on the weather forecast the predicted snow totals kept creeping up: dusting, 1 - 2 inches, 2 -3 inches. He wanted to take the AWD RAV4, swapped out my purse, the keys, hang-tag, etc., and off we went.

About mid-day it started snowing, lightly. Then it stopped. I heard it was snowing in Gettysburg, the grass was covered, but not sticking to the sidewalks or roadways. It snowed again, this time with gusto. The Federal Government issued an optional closure.

Later in the day the forecasted totals were downgraded. By the time we left work it was barely snowing, sort of drizzling. Nothing was sticking to the roads, the grass was showing.

It had stopped by 7, I let the boys out for the night at 9:15 with extra hay in the shed.

No comments:

Post a Comment