Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mid-Week Update - February


I am going to be running home again at lunchtime to let Maxx out. He has not had an accident in his crate and I don't want there to be, ever.

Irene is getting very bold with him - I think she's getting tired of being under siege. She slept in the closet again (in the bedroom) - last night Tom was at the computer, Max was sleeping at his feet and Irene had crept silently and now was under the desk - Tom was shocked at what he saw, said Irene's name, which woke Max up and Irene ran through the house before he could react.

I also mentioned that my mother's method always worked, harsh, yes, but definitively worked for the remainder of the cat's life. If all else fails we will set Max up for a staged match with Irene. Irene Scissorhands, the cat with the super powers, will prevail.

After sleeping through the night two nights in a row, he did not sleep through last night - had to go out at 3:30am - Tom took him out because I am not doing it, it was his idea to get a puppy when we have two minis that need starting and Irene still needs to be spayed - my oppositional behavior coming out. He can handle it, right?

I went to CVS in Damascus last night to get my Rx refilled - I didn't know how long I'd be gone because, well you know, so while I was gone Max was being territorial and confrontational with April and while he's said I am harsh with Max I am not going to let him get away with horrible manners at 12 weeks of age! I am not giving him a pass because he's a puppy, or he's had a hard start in life. Not going to do it.

Max was being horrid to April and Tom was using my harsh methods and he said the dog just went limp - he thought he was dead or knocked out! but in fact he was thinking about his actions and the reaction to his actions and he stopped doing it, and was pleasant the rest of the evening. Irene even came up from the basement and all was sweet and lovely. A major breakthrough. Tom got up to use the toilet and he just laid there, like a good dog! It was great!

We just can't have a 12 week-old puppy being top dog - not going to happen. Everybody needs to come first, which makes him last. It's the way of the pack and herd. Just the way it has got to be for having peace and harmony in the household. He's smart, he'll understand, and realize he will never be left out, he'll just be last, each and every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment