Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Labor Day

Labor Day weekend was a fairly productive holiday for us. Three whole days blew by, as usual. We had planned on going to West Virginia but those plans fell through by Thursday night. I was relieved, really. We have so much to do, the riding is extensive and KC has been 'off.'

Plan B: Pick my Godson, Mario, up on Friday night. We have plenty planned for him to help us with. Farm life, right?

Feeding, pick up tree debris from Hurricane Irene and have a bonfire on Saturday evening, groundhog eradication, clean out the shed, wash four horses plus do their hair and trim them, too. Busy, busy, busy!

By Monday he was tired and bored and I took him home around 2:00 p.m. But he did work hard, especially on Sunday with the groundhog killing. My nephew, David, came over with two friends to shoot their guns, and the machine gun. I know, I'm the 'cool' aunt with 17 agricultural acres. We can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment