Monday, September 26, 2011

Final Weekend in September




Rainy, warm and humid. That just about wraps it up! Actually, we got lots done, but no riding this weekend.

Tom continued power washing the barn, prepping for the stain application. I went into town for groceries.

On Saturday we went into Mt Airy to the two horse supply stores. I got new leather gloves, he bought herbicide (two different kinds) for the driveway and parking lot. We went to the other one for pasture-mix grass seed. It was not only on sale, I had a coupon, too!

When we returned he treated the parking lot with the first herbicide, spread the pasture-mix seed in and resumed power-washing the barn and I continued cleaning up the house, laundry.

On Sunday he finished up the power washing - THE BARN IS READY FOR STAIN - however, we have to wait for two days of dry weather and that's not going to happen this week. It rained on Sunday afternoon.

I worked on getting the LQ trailer cleaned up; we plan on going camping next weekend. Hope the weather permits that! Camping in the rain/wet is never that much fun, right? KC really hates standing in mud.

After he finished the power washing we went to the BIG TOWN to visit the new Wegman's grocery store. I'd never been to one, but have heard about them from others. I'm sorry to say that it failed to impress me. What was impressive was the size - too big to do grocery shopping in an hour or less. Like having a grocer in a Wal-Mart-sized space; you'd wear yourself out looking for this and that. They do carry some things that I've come to rely on others to get for me, but it is not worth the drive.

We were going to go riding, but as I was transferring saddles and stuff to the trailer it started sprinkling, so we went to Wegman's instead. We bought some bread and salsa and called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment