Saturday, March 19, 2011

Don't Fence Me In



Thursday the weather was wonderful and Tom took the day off. One of his quests was to pick up fencing lumber for the front fence. This fence was installed the week we settled, almost a year ago. It was an impromptu, desperate, spontaneous installation to keep the 'dumpers' off the property. At the time I felt we spent too much valuable time and money with this portion of the fence. I wanted a pasture fence put up, and this location was not what I had in mind.

After almost a year Tom purchased the fencing boards. By the time I got home he had a good number installed. Friday night after work he again got to work right away. It was still light for another hour or more and he got a lot more done. Saturday morning he wrapped it up and it looks fantastic. I don't want to paint or stain this stockade fence. I do want to decorate the new wall. Maybe a Pennsylvania Dutch Hex sign?

No comments:

Post a Comment