Monday, October 11, 2010

Onward Monday!


Today is Columbus Day and a Federal Holiday - Post Offices, government agencies and banks are closed. Tom is off and I am at work. Traffic was light, and I got to the office in record time! Tom was hoping to get a load or two of stone dust today from Willis. Willis is ALWAYS late.

Willis has also agreed to drill the fence posts for us with his bobcat for $200 - approximately what the rental would cost! Yea! He'll do this sometime this week or Saturday afternoon. My nephew is planning on coming over on Saturday and I had threatened to put him to work, requesting that he bring a change of clothes. I'll find something for him to do, for sure.

On our walk-about Saturday night I was disheartened to discover that one of the ground hog holes that was bombed is once again active. We'll wait til Saturday so my nephew can help destroy it, again. Don't feel sorry for the ground hogs. There are plenty more where that came from and they are known to injure horses with their living arrangements, so they all have to go - one way or the other. Piling manure on them and stomping feet have not persuaded them to vacate, so bombs away!

No comments:

Post a Comment