Saturday, May 2, 2015

Insulation, Outlets, and Derby!

You can never have too much insulation, especially when you start with none.

He had a minor set-back with the fan controller installation. Turns out that the controller won't work without a 'ground' wire, and there is no ground in the electrical service to the entire 2nd floor. Fortunately the ceiling is out in the basement and there is room in the chase up the wall all the way up. We fished it up with little issue.
He used tent stakes to fish the wire in the crawl space. Clever!

He then installed a new outlet in each of the bedrooms and one in the bathroom on the interior wall.

R-33 and R-13 in crawl space from bathroom behind cowboy room drive way side. He's taking a shower now. Fiberglass is terrible for your skin. Glass needles.

Derby time! American Pharoah (spelled uniquely) won, with Firing Line placing, and Dortmund showing.

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't even watch the Derby this year. It just makes me feel sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for your loss. I don't know how you feel, but I know how I feel, and still feel the void from here.

    ReplyDelete