Monday, December 16, 2013

Long Cold Nights

It has been so many nights in a row that the boys have stayed in, I honestly have lost count. The manure spreader needs emptying, but the snow has been too deep to pull the mower out, and it is composting in the aisle.

We've been letting them in as soon as we get home from work, and they have stayed in from that time until getting out when we leave in the morning. Some would argue that we're keeping them like veal, but they honestly want to be in, really. Asking to be let in.

Last night they stayed out for some time; I prepped stalls around 9:pm, and they were in the run-in shed. I came out later, around 10:30, and they wanted IN.

The low was going to be around twenty, and the breeze was picking up. I know they have blankets on, but the ground is hard as a rock, snow and ice. I had to let them in.

It has been like that all week - too cold, too windy, too snowy, too frozen, too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment