Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Upgrade

It warmed up to rain - started out sprinkling, with some sleet and ended up raining. Still cold but not freezing.

I worry about my boys, especially KC, being out in the elements. They are blanketed after they grow their winter coats. If it is cold during that time they spend the one night inside. I like to keep them unblanketed until mid-November.

One of the problems is rainRain will soak their jackets and make them ineffective. Skip has been known to not allow KC access to the run-in shed. This was the cause of his hoof isses mid-year. The mister put in geo-textile cattle carpet and stone dust at the openig of the run-in shed so that he doesn't stand in mud. He is still getting wet, but not soaking his hooves.

Today he got them new blankets. I had protested that they didn't really need new coats. I shouldn't have wasted my breath.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment