Thursday, January 17, 2013

Farm Dog Extraordinaire

Life is not fair, I get it, I do. But this is what we have. It takes too much energy to maintain a pity party.

April has been diagnosed with a cancerous tumor, to go along with her Canine Lupus and Degenerative Myolopathy. The tumor is in her nose, which is expanding into her soft pallet and making her nose and eye discharge mucus.

We will make her as comfortable as possible, like the vet recommends. She's been a great dog, and doesn't deserve this, but life is not fair.

When we first got her, I was actually sad because she was a great puppy, I regretted that she would not live long enough to see my retirement - she was such a joy and pleasure to be around. As it turned out, she did enjoy our 'retirement,' living in our retirement home. I didn't see that coming in 2000, did you?

She was a farm dog extraordinaire, and a homebody. She got a chance to enjoy the country life and loved her kitten, too.







2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. These four legged creatures become such a part of our hearts and lives. It's just so hard when they get sick like this. Enjoy the time you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sad news. My heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete