Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Earthquake!!

5.8:

We got home at 7:30 pm – immediately brought the horses in, got them water, fed them, April was outside with us – it gets dark around 8:00 now (darn) and he wanted me to clean up the dry paddock – I told him I would have but he needs to empty the manure spreader – where’s the muck bucket? Its full, won’t fit anymore into the manure spreader – He had already talked to his mother – he had to explain to her, slowly with good diction, why the METRO was so slow (15 mph) and why it took so long for the medical emergency to get resolved on the train in the station, blah blah – she was out in the yard when the ‘quake’ occurred, but Rob and Debi were just getting onto the road (Montrose) and noticed the traffic lights swaying – being from California, they knew what it was and immediately turned around to make sure Mary and the house were ok.
Anyway – Those minis are messy! I had cleaned the stalls over the weekend and they purposely go in there to use the facilities. She’s ‘going’ in Fred’s stall, too. With the spreader empty I had plenty of room to dump the muck bucket. He came out and asked if I had eaten, I said I had a pretzel and some dried peaches, what did you eat? Well, it was better than that! OK, but I’m too busy to eat. I got all the manure cleaned up, threw hay, he cleaned and filled the water buckets. The weather was delightful! And then its time for bed, just like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment