Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Last Wednesday In April

Well, that month didn't last long!

I did not put the boys out on Sunday night because it was still too wet but the temps are great. They seemed to want to stay in, too. On Monday we did put them out all night. Originally I had wanted to give them access to the pasture and the barn. They didn't like this idea. Too much nosing around, acting like tourists, so we locked them out of the dry paddock and left them alone. The little guys were in their stalls for the night. Also, the big boys got new shoes.

On Tuesday morning they heard me come through the gate and ran up the hill to come in. I grained them and turned them all out immediately. My goal is to stop having to muck stalls. Monday was a delicious day and dried everything out. The trees are really leafing out and can't see into the cornfield behind us.

Checked the weather; no rain in sight. Another night left out in the pasture. The little ones came into their stalls with no issues. Cloudy, breezy, but no rain overnight. I opened some windows, still warm in the house; Irene is in heat, none of us slept that well.

No comments:

Post a Comment