Monday, June 28, 2010

The Fence is DONE!


Worked our butts off this weekend - so hot, too, just brutal. Felt like Texas. We got the fence done, mostly. We now need two gates, one corner post and an 8X8, install all of the face plates, (whew) then it will be done. The latches arrived on Thursday, mail order. We'll get a run-in shed later in July, but have to give White Fences Farm notice (30 days) when we pay the board for July. This week we will be moving some furniture over - the little chaise in the front room, the Chinese cabinet that is by the front door, the roll-top desk, some bookcases, etc., what we can put in the Keifer, plus the boxes - I bought 25 boxes from the local storage place. Books are tied up in string. We'll be out of here in a couple weeks, I think. Tom also put in an electrical outlet in the dining room (there was only one) so I can put my desk in the corner and plug a lamp and my laptop in.

When we started, in earnest, on the fence during our vacation, I gave Tom a pair of gloves that I got last fall, never used, still had the tags on them. He resisted wearing them, it being so hot, but finally got used to having them on. My gloves were worn, but in excellent shape. We have to throw these gloves away!

No comments:

Post a Comment