Monday, December 27, 2010

Cold Monday



I'm getting tired of it being cold and I'm sure getting tired of writing about it. I hear that it will warm up this week, but I don't see it this morning. Twenty-two degrees with a serious wind doesn't sound like warm. It was so windy that Lil Fred's feed bucket flew out of my hand!

Skip's heated water bucket had a skim of ice on it. I am looking forward to having it 40 or maybe 50 degrees this weekend. Our friends to the north and south got snow, lots of it, but we got heavy flurries. I know Tom is anxious to try out the new snow blower; he topped off the tank and started it up yesterday. It would be well worth the money spent if we didn't need to use it this entire winter. Really.

We still have snow on the ground from when it snowed the week before Christmas. We could probably use some precipitation, but right now I'd rather not have it snowy or raining. I do believe the days are getting longer, too, a minute each day.

We want to ride this coming weekend, too. Being New Year's holiday, we have an extra day. We aren't 'fair-weather' riders, but I hate to break ice in stream beds and creeks and the trails seem to keep ice and snow longer than the woods and fields. It has taught K.C. to tip-toe on slippery terrain. Tom commented last night that we are keeping our boys in 'cold storage' and they have had their heavy coats on for so long we don't know what they look like under there! In our previous life, we would have the coats off, riding during the week in the indoor arena. We don't have that amenity at the new place. That is on the 'wish list.'

No comments:

Post a Comment