Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Moonlight Becomes You

Full moon overnight, soft, mild evening. Tom suggested we keep the boys out overnight, temps being so nice. I thought it was too early to let them out; they'll eat grass all night and not get enough sleep. This will deplete the growing grass. I returned around 10:00 to let them in - they were in the run-in shed! They wanted to come in, really.

Earlier in the evening, while doing my barn chores, I noticed the neighbor's cat skulking around. I don't think he saw me, but I was keeping an eye on him. He went behind the barn, into the boy's pasture. KC charged him! and he skedaddled under the fence. This is the reason I don't worry about Coyotes or stray dogs getting into the field. KC is a bully and will not tolerate an invasion of his territory. On the other hand, Skip has a pet mouse in his stall.

Earlier last week Tom put the lightning rod into the barn's foundation, grounding it at the corner. We do worry about strikes out here, and we've gotten some incredible storms just lately. Better safe than sorry.

Tom continues his work on the patio re-build. It is going to be gorgeous when it is finished and I'm sure he'll throw out the gloves he's been using. Four days until Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment